Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Week 1: Day 2

Aloha,

I may as well continue with Day 2. I promise that I will be much shorter.

Today's schedule called for another 35 minute run. My regular route calls for 5 minutes up a gentle slope. Then 10 minutes up a steep hill. The rest is all down hill and then flat. Although the end is lots of lights (by the mall), so I am constantly starting and stopping. (Today I certainly did not mind....and I controlled my impulse to let my ipod keep recording the time) I'll try to bring my phone along next time to take some pictures.

I am such a bad runner. My mind messes me up. I was actually quite fast up the hill, about 10 seconds ahead of my normal pace. That was awesome! I actually got chills, as the music, my mind, and legs all were in sync. Then comes the long haul as I begin calculating that I still have a long way to go. I really hate running. After I pass the halfway mark, I begin to relax (a bit - I still hate running). My body warms up around the 22 minute mark and thankfully I now hit some lights so I can take a break. I love that my iPod counts down the last 5 minutes and I stumble along to the finish.

Although something that has never happened before.....I felt really nauseous when I get home. Eew!!! What is up with that? I don't want my mind to connect that with running. I feel better laying on the floor as I read more of Dawn Dais' book. (Ha! She is laying on the floor as well)

okay - that is all for now....tomorrow is another day
Runner's World Quote of the Day: "Nobody ever drowned in sweat"

No comments:

Post a Comment