Saturday, July 31, 2010

Week 1: Day 6

Aloha Beantown (or Boston),

I arrived on Thursday July 29th for my sister's baby shower (which is tomorrow). Thursday and Friday, I didn't exercise at all (jet lag and too much to do for the shower).

However, today (Saturday) I went for a great run with my marathon partner, Karli. It is so much better to have a running partner. Even if there is little talking (because I am sucking wind or thinking about how unpleasant running is), it is nice to have someone pound the pavement next to me.

After two rest days, I was surprised how good it felt to run. As always, it is tough to start. Even though it was 9 am, it was beginning to get hot out. But once I had run for 20 min, I felt like I could run forever. My route near my parents house is flat and winds through the various housing developments. Normally I run about 25 min (2.5 miles) out and back. Today since the schedule called for a 45 minute run, I ran the route twice. When I ran up my driveway, I was rewarded with an AMAZING 55 min run. I hope all runs will be like that.....but (sigh) I know that they will not be.

that is all for today......

No comments:

Post a Comment