Monday, September 27, 2010

another week

ok - I can't believe it has been an entire week since my last post. I really try to run (and update) but work, school, and my pitiful social life keeps me busy.

arghhhhh! venting time!!!! I have never been so busy!!!

last week I diligently tackled my grad school assignments on Monday and Tuesday. I read 3 chapters each day and watched 2 videos each day....usually that is all the background work I have to do (even though that is ALOT!!!), and on Tuesday I have time to outline my paper due on Wednesday. Not last week. Ok - no problem I thought, I have a large chunk of time on Wednesday - I can start while my students have PE. Bad idea, I still needed to watch a video, THAT WAS AN HOUR LONG. Good thing it was really interesting! A teacher from Canada who allowed her history class to be filmed and was highlighting a differentiated classroom. Anyway, basically I flew out of school Wednesday afternoon, headed home, wrote my paper in ONE HOUR, and headed back for Parent Night. Paper ended up not bad, but I don't think I want that stress again. Parent Night was also a success.

back to running

due to Parent Night (and complete exhaustion) I only ran on Monday. But Saturday I woke up at the crack of dawn (aka 5:50 am) to go on my long run. This week, there were no clouds. That meant a SUPER hot run even at 6 am. That was just one of my many problems. Friday night (for my allotted social time) I had an extremely unhealthy FATTY dinner. It was wonderful - Filipino
food - I had lechon (pork with fat and crunchy pork skin) and pork adobo. But not much fuel for the run the next day. I also didn't hydrate very much (unless that glass of white wine counted). Then I am going through my insomnia period so I didn't get much sleep all week. Finally, my mind wasn't on running. I was thinking about everything I had to do over the weekend (more reading, another paper, grading of quizzes, planning classes). Ugh! Running for me, is about 150% mental. I can totally psyche myself out of running. As a result it took me about 45 minutes to get into the groove. I decided that I would just run around Diamond Head and then head for home. I mean it was good that I was even outside. Total: 3 miles around Kahala, 5 miles around Diamond Head, water break, and 1.5 miles home.

Today, even though I am still exhausted, I actually felt like running. Those days are rare. So even though I was in my comfy PJs. I changed into running gear and took off. The sun was setting so I couldn't go far (I was in black)....so I decided to go FAST. 2.6 miles at 9 min pace. Wahoo!

This week I head to camp with my students. I will take lots of pics and post. I am excited because I love, love, LOVE to go to camp. The North Shore is beautiful - we hike to the Northern most point on the island. I get to know my advisory REAL well since I spend 3 days/2 nights with them.....and I have my annual run along the beach. This year, I will try to get 5 miles out there (I suspect it will be slightly less since I will run out of road)

aloha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment