Wednesday, September 1, 2010

week 6

It is midway thru the week, y'all. Again, this work thing is getting in the way of running. Ah, to be independently wealthy.....I mean I love, love, LOVE my job :-) what other job entertains with girls breaking out into gLee songs and boys breaking into snickers over a homework assignment called "What's in the sack?" (after the Shel Silverstein poem). Later in the year, I even get paid to watch movies at lunch.

Monday, after an "easy" day of classes, I was so exhausted. I got home and put on my running gear, but it was still too hot to get outside. So I picked up a book......2 hours later, I woke up. Oops! After dinner, I was asleep again.

Yesterday, I HAD to run. But I was so tired after school. I could have napped again. My shins started smarting after only a mile, I limped on. I felt like a turtle....wait, I am sure a turtle could have passed me. I thought it would get better as I warmed up. NO! Double NO! The entire 55 minutes was pain. I even scuffed up my shoes, because I kept dragging my feet. On the positive side, when I went to the Nike + stats, I had run 5.6 miles. So maybe turtle wasn't an apt description. Anyway, glad it was over.

Today I felt like I had a little more energy. I was excited to run. I got dressed thinking about the hill and running by the park. I even switched shoes and went with the Addias trail. Awesome idea, because my foot felt cushioned. No real pain in the first 20 minutes, I did have to stop to tie my shoe. Also to walk about the second (mini) hill because the recent rain had left a muddy trail and I didn't want to fall. In the end, I ran 6 miles. Not bad.

I will try to run once more during the work week and then prep for the long run on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment