Sunday, September 12, 2010

week 8

Yay! I have followers now.....I am not really sure what that means, but I know people are reading my blog.

Since my last post, I have only run once. But my long run was......interesting, let's say.

According to my schedule I was supposed to run 6 miles. At this point in my training, I am not sure why I dropped down in mileage (last week's goal 115 minutes which equaled about 10 miles since I only went about 105 minutes). I should probably check in with fellow runners. Are they resting after a bug hurdle? Also I am basing my training on Dawn Dais. She did mention that she is a slow runner (although I consider myself a slow running, my pace is about a 10 min mile, slow I guess can be relative). Maybe her 115 minutes is only about 8 miles

....anyway, this week I decided to stick with 10 miles and 115 minutes of running. I ran a different route (actually around diamond head, thru Waikiki, around Fort Derussy Park, ending at an ABC store). It was tough. I definitely felt it afterwards; I was limping around the library the rest of the day, but I MADE IT!!!!!!.... here is where it gets interesting.....and maybe I should avoid Waikiki. The Diamond Hill side is scenic. There is the aquarium, zoo, and Kapiolani park, all very safe. Tourists are out and about, even at 7 am, around their hotels. But this Saturday, as I ran, I saw the homeless, the walks of shame, and the meth addicts....hmmmm....I even saw someone actually smoking meth. Next week I think I will change the route.

My challenge for myself this week.....run on Monday. Last two Mondays I have been too tired, too hungry, too much work, to run. I've got to motivate myself - even if I don't go far, at least I get out there. The first run of the week WILL be hard, no matter what I do, but I've got to get past it.

No comments:

Post a Comment