Sunday, September 19, 2010

week 9

well, I've been bad this week.....I skipped all but my Tuesday run.....and I really wouldn't really call Tuesday a run. Starting off on my normal route, I decided to see how fast I could go. I picked up the pace up the hill, as a result I stopped at the top to walk. I walked into the valley (which I had never been that far into, and found out there is an even steeper hill). Then I ran down the hill, back around the loop and then home. Total: only 4 miles.

I am not sure what was going on with me. I was completely exhausted everyday. I had so much grad school work. Reading, writing, more reading. I am beginning to dislike being a student.....ha! if my students could listen to me now. They might even convince me to stop giving homework. I am not really sure if I will make it thru this next week. I sneaked a look at the assignments.....it is almost double what I did this week. (sigh!)

of course, I still made time for my long run on Saturday. Nothing will stop me from that.....ha again! I would have never thought a 10 mile run would be on my MUST DO list. I wore my new shoes. Hideously ugly, right? But really cheap. As I laced up my shoes, I realized that it might not be wise to test out new shoes on a long run, but whatever. I was a wild mix of color. Bright orange shirt, black capris and my new purple shoes. 3 miles in, it started to rain.....Not drizzle, but actual downpour. It is really rare for rain in Kahala. The rain stayed with me as I ran along Diamond Head. I was the only one outside on Saturday morning.....eerie, but cool. Again, I am a hard core runner, out while others sleep. At KCC and the farmers market I almost got run over by a truck with a cop standing by.....thanks, man. The rain stopped as I made it to Kapiolani park. Suddenly I was in the middle of a run/walk race. Women in blue shirts, volunteers marking the route, more cops. I passed a slow runner (yay!) but then got smoked by a well-built guy. To avoid the parade in Waikiki (and the meth addicts), I decided I would continue up the hill of Diamond Head. This summer to get ready for running I used to walk this Diamond Head route (it is super steep - but with a great view). I had never made it running.......UNTIL NOW! The only problem was my shoes, which were slippery on the new concrete sidewalk. I slowed down so I wouldn't fall on my face. I weaved my way back home and it started raining again. Once again I was alone. But excited about what I have accomplished. I still have another 2 weeks of 10 mile long runs. But I think I am ready to push myself a bit more. Ha, a third time!

No comments:

Post a Comment