Friday, July 15, 2011

wow, a second post!

Today, I tried to get my exercising butt in gear.

But I woke up at exactly 1:26 am and stayed awake until 2:52. (I know, because if I was still awake at 3, then I was getting up to watch TV - I remember seeing the clock at 2:52). Then I feel asleep, woke up around 6:30, but went back to sleep - THANKFULLY NO WORKERS TODAY - didn't get up until 8:30. So then with breakfast (cheerios), I decided to finish Season 2 of Royal Pains.....ummm many hours later....

but I actually FELT like walking today. So I set out around 12:30......without lunch. I knew it would be a mistake, but I couldn't NOT go when I wanted. I walked for about 60 minutes, feeling awesome, realizing that my "rehab" was finished and that I would have to start running on Sunday. But then climbing Diamond Head, there was nothing in the tank. Why didn't I have a scoop of peanut butter before I left? I did manage to make my times (30 minutes to the weird bridge structure, 60 minuets to the Leahi sign), but I felt that I couldn't accelerate up Diamond Hill. Sigh!

Well, we will see how I feel tomorrow - and get ready for the run on Sunday. Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment