Thursday, August 12, 2010

Week 3

Arrrgh!!!!! After a really good run, there must be a bad one. A really sucky one. A truly awful one. (Is my point clear?) So week 3 began with two 40 min runs on Monday and Tuesday, followed by a 45 min run today (Thursday).

Tuesday's run was wonderful. I realized that my shoe choice might have something to do with it. I alternate (to save money) between Addias trail shoes and Nike Zooms. I love Addias because that is what I ran the marathon with. I also get them cheap ($35) from the outlet. But when I run with the Nike's, I feel so light and airy. The second 40 min run (while not easy) was better. So much so, that I ordered my marathon shoes, a pair of Nike Free's. They supposedly mimic running barefoot. I am not so sure, how they will be. I don't run barefoot, but all the reviews are extremely positive. Nike.com confirmed, they have shipped!

But today. Double Arrrgh! The real problem was that I did not eat lunch. By the time I finished organizing my classroom and getting supplies from Walmart. It was too late to eat, if I was going to run at 4 pm. Mistake! (although if I ate, then the run would be unbearable because I would be nauseous). I ran 42 mintutes and then walked home (took me 20 minutes). Tomorrow I promise I will hydrate. I will eat carbs + protein at lunch and I will retry the 45 minute route.

I will leave you with a message on a running shirt.
" I run light a girl. Try to keep up."

No comments:

Post a Comment