Thursday, August 19, 2010

week 4

So I am kind of liking this running thing :-)

OMG! Not while running or anything - I still hate the actual running. I really have to motivate myself to even get out there. But you know that after feeling when you are finished.....even better in the hot shower.....

This week I ran Monday (50 min - an okay run, I didn't really push myself and at times I felt tired, calves burned) and Tuesday (50 min - one of those wonderful runs. I don't have too many, but I accelerated up the steep hill. At the light, I really didn't feel like stopping. I kept going, even to Kahala Ave with its muddy grass and obstacles)

Wednesday rest day!

Today's run was also a good one. I mixed up the route. Instead of turning into the flat before the hill (where I usually get my mind ready to tackle a steep incline), I kept running. Not much fun, because the road curves, so it looks like the end is near, but it actually keeps going. But then there is the sweet descent. I didn't even feel tired when I waited for the light. 2.25 miles in. I can't even believe that once this distance was a challenge. I walk across the light until the next block (and light) because if I run that short distance I feel stupid. Here I turned and started on my second journey. Not even halfway done. Instead of going around the park, I decided to take a tour of Kahala. The roads are freshly paved and few cars, means I can run in the streets. With about 20 minutes to go, I cross paths with another runner. Her route took her about 30 seconds ahead of me. Today I had all sorts of energy, I ended up passing her. Wahoo! In the end 57 min of running, 5.5 miles.

I have even lost a pound! Ha! (I am not really worried about weight - but I do find it hilarious that I have run so much (about 18 miles this week) and my weight doesn't really change.)

Tomorrow is another rest day before the final long run. It is only 60 minutes so I know that I can accomplish it. The question, do I keep the same route or do I mix it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment