Monday, August 22, 2011

the complete opposite

As the title suggests, today was different....shockingly so

back to school (aka teacher meetings) had me setting my alarm at 5:30 am, although I woke up at 4 am, completing my ab routine, and scrambling to get ready, all before 7 am (on summer vacation, this all would happen close to noon)....I arrived at school, nauseous because I took my vitamin without food (definitely a no, no)....in fact I was worried about upchuck (sorry) in the middle of chapel.

meetings and more meetings where instead of lounging in my comfy chair, I was sitting still listening to people, while inspiration, I was having trouble keeping still.

lunch at Asia Manoa was fab, but it meant I was completely full the rest of the day....like uncomfortably so

by the time I returned home (around 4:30 pm), I was completely exhausted....almost to tears at the thought of running. I tried to nap - no luck and as 5:30 pm approached, my mind was racing with excuse after excuse for not to run (I could give myself a hall pass, first day of work and all .......I could walk instead, still exercise.......exactly how far did I really need to run, anyway to count, block to Zippy's?)

I slowly put on my running gear (note to self: my favorite polka dotted sports bar is very visible thru my UnderArmor shirt)
I decided that I would walk, and if I felt like running I would run, but if I didn't, THAT IS OKAY.....at least I was outside.

I VERY slowly walked up the hill to the light with a grimace on my face (normal procedure).....as I crossed the street, I slowly (and I mean really slowly) started to run. I went slow, frightfully so. If someone was behind me, walking, odds were, they might pass. But the point is....THAT I KEPT ON RUNNING. Eventually I warmed up and ran (a bit) faster. On Mondays I always see lots of runners and I made a point to smile at everyone (even the attractive people)....33 minutes later, 3 miles and I have completed a run I didn't think was possible.

Wahoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment