Sunday, August 21, 2011

silly me

of course, when I get totally psyched for a run....ready to head out into the cool evening for miles and miles of running....I bonk.

silly me for not hydrating...or having lunch, my fault

Today is my last day of summer vacation and I think I spent the entire day counting down. NOT FUN!

I had some good runs this week. I alternated between 3 miles (slight inclines) and 4 miles (with hill and 30 second light after 23 min). Running is now second nature. There is no gearing up for a run, like before. Where i'd flit around, slowly preparing myself for the torture. I'd dress. Then check my email. Then think about why I run (or really why it be okay not to run today). Then search for my ipod.....eventually head outside. Now, I run. Period.

Today's run was awful. I didn't complete any warm up - just started, after closing the gate. By the time I ran up the small incline (which is steep enough for calves to burn), I was tired and had to slow down. So I skipped the hill. UGH! I ran to the light, took a short break and began running again. Things were better on the flats (maybe the lesson is....when no food, make sure no hills). I did eek out 3 miles. But it certainty didn't feel good.





No comments:

Post a Comment