Monday, August 1, 2011

rainy run, for sure!

ok - weird, it is now Monday and I last wrote on Wednesday.....what happened to the time? I am enjoying my free time so much, that I often have to think about what day it is.

what the hell did I do on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday? (ok - I know what I did all day on Sunday - ugh! - grad school paper. I started at 9 am and worked until 6 pm. I really need to chilax on the assignments, and stop doing so much....I went into the assignment (make a how-to-guide for dance) dreading, but in the end, of course, I was doing research and reading all this extra, but interesting stuff)

Thursday is still a mystery (god, why can't I remember?). Friday, I had to deal with my car - I thought I ran, but the run was not recorded on my ipod, so maybe not? I seem to remember a long walk on Saturday. I had to get to the post office (rent, car registration)....so I decided to do my Diamond Head walk BACKWARDS. It was so weird, but I do recommend changing it up, every once in a while. I strolled through Kahala, because there were no times to beat (i.e. 30 min by the random entranceway, 60 min to the top of Diamond Head). Then I felt much safer on the incline of the hill. It was such a perfect Hawaiian day that I was so glad to be outside.

Today, I waited until the last possible minute (6:15 pm), quickly put on running clothes and headed outside to the darkening clouds over the mountains. Well, sigh, I do love to run in the rain. The plan was to walk and stretch until past the church (about 3 min of running). I seem to do much better, when I walk FIRST. No shin splits. But it started to pour as I turned the corner, so I started to run. It was tough going with the rain, wind, and the fact that I haven't run in awhile, although thankfully it was cool. I wanted to stop at the top of the hill (about 7 minutes in).....but I didn't........I wish, I could say that about the entire run. But I did stop at the halfway mark, my shins were just starting to tighten. I walked back up the hill for a minute, then continued the run downhill. Stopping was a really good idea, because I felt strong and ready to run. I even picked up the pace (aka sprinted) to the light.

Due to the rain, I didn't finish with a 20 minute walk. But I feel like I got a decent workout....and I am ready to go for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment