Thursday, August 4, 2011

you know what?

the best part of running is.......the cold G2 (my preference is fruit punch) afterwards. My new routine is to come home, grab the drink + remote, and sit on the floor and watch Around the Horn/PTI.

So it is now Aug 4th and I have run four days in a row. Wahoo!

Yesterday was no fun. I did my 20 minutes to the light, then 6 more minutes, and a 20 minute walk cooldown.

But today was AWESOME! I was distracted by Season 1 of 24 (episode 6, 7 and beginning of 8), so I didn't leave until 5:45 pm. But earlier I had a handful of walnuts which I think provided me with much needed energy. I must have sprinted up the hill (I checked, an amazing 6:28)....it was cool, my body felt good, no shin splits. I reached the light around 19:45 (another milestone). I had to wait a long time for the light, so when I saw the friendly walk sign, I took off and ran another 10 minutes. Wahoo!

Right now, I just feel great and really proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment