Tuesday, August 2, 2011

so.....

I guess I figured out what my 30 day challenge is......July 21st when I started to think about it, after watching Matt Cutts' Tedtalk......nothing really clicked (learn how to paint?, stop watching TV? no caffeine?) and of course Aug 1st rolls around without me deciding.

So, if I state it here in the blog world (some what publicly, haha! I think I am the only one who reads this), maybe I can keep it up

ok....here goes.....

I will RUN EVERYDAY in August.

Thankfully I ran Aug 1st and today I ran again. Wahoo! Only 28 more days to go - sigh, I must get through friends visiting and the start of school. But only 28 days to go!

Let's talk about today's run. Umm, ugh! I was so excited to run today (ok - I mean excited for me - which means NOT happy at all, just convinced I would run today). I set out around 5:45 pm - the air was nice and cool, the dark clouds seemed to stay away. After about 5 minutes (about 2/3 left to go on THE HILL), I realized that I was winded and this would be no fun. I HATE this mental game. Once I get a negative thought in my head, I can't get it out. I really need to develop a mantra to help. Hmmmm......I think of something later tonight. Anyway, back to the run. I slowed down determined not to stop until the light. Slow, slow, really slowly, I made it in 20 minutes (2.25 miles). But I had nothing in the tank to continue, so I walked for about 20 more minutes. Yay for me for 20 minutes of continuous running, but I really need to run for 3 miles daily.

Tomorrow is a new day. Check ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment